Benefits of Using Google Firebase
Firebase adheres to some principles Google tries to have in its cloud products. It is a backend as a service and requires very little server-side code if at all.
It scales/loads balances without any intervention from you and has an excellent support system that responds quickly. There is a lot of library support as well from the open-source community.
Some of the best parts about firebase are that it is built over WebSockets so you can make real-time applications with ease. More importantly, you can give a real-time feel to even traditional applications. The second best part is that billing is straightforward and overall it incurs a low cost after Google started backing it. But this isn’t all. Firebase and its database have more to offer. Let’s find out:
- Real-time: The Firebase Realtime Database uses data synchronisation rather than standard HTTP requests, so when every time data changes, all connected devices instantly receive the new information. It offers immersive and collaborative experiences without requiring one to consider networking code.
- Offline: Because the Firebase Realtime Database SDK maintains your data to disc, Firebase apps continue to function even while they are offline. The client device receives any updates it missed once communication is restored, syncing it with the most recent server state.
- Accessible from client devices: There is no need for an application server to access the Firebase Realtime Database; it may be accessed directly from a mobile device or web browser. The Firebase Realtime Database Security Rules, expression-based rules that are run when data is read or written, provide security and data validation.
- Scalable across multiple databases: By distributing your data over various database instances inside the same Firebase project, you can support your app’s data demands at scale with Firebase Realtime Database on the Blaze pricing plan. On your project, utilise Firebase Authentication to simplify authentication and authenticate users across all of your database instances. Firebase Realtime Database Rules that are specific to each database instance allow you to manage who has access to the data in each database.
- Real-world usage: Firebase operates with great fluidity. If you want a real-time database that is synced across every client, Firebase is here for you with its effectiveness.
Prioritise user preference and business needs. If you’re a smaller business or startup, go with Google Firebase as a mobile app development solution for creating your mobile app’s backend. It is more cost-effective and lets you write applications from scratch and even rewrite existing applications. It is an even better option if you don’t have any custom coding to deal with.